07 April 2012

Time and Waves

Time and Waves

·

Time and waves
They come over and sweep me.
My hair fly off my face.
I shut my eyes as invisible fingers
run through my hair and
caress my cheeks.

As the cold wind embraces me
I feel Your love, O Lord.
I experience Your kindness and warmth
in that cold touch.

As my mother would plant her moist lips on my forehead
I feel Your kiss on my head
You hold me tight, as my father would do.
And You pat me on the back.

I am Your boy.
I know.
I feel Your love
in Your kind compassionate eyes
and those loving glances.
You smile on seeing me
and You talk.
You hold my hand as I falter

You set limits You feel I should not cross
even as I want to do so.
Because I am rebellious
and confused.
You raise the walls.
Not like in a prison with boundaries
But with sweet bonds of love.

You whisper Your messages
That reverberate in my heart.
And You speak through my friends and strangers,
who say different words
but their message is the same:
'Hold on! Don't give up.
Fight. Stay!'

I give up my rebellion for now.
I open my arms
and rush in to Yours
For the deepest, loveliest
warmest of all hugs.

Thank You Lord
I am Yours.
You are mine

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hare Krishna!! All glories to Srila Prabhupad!! Your poem made me cry! Please continue this great work!!!

      Delete