01 May 2014

Forget it

Life has been a roller-coaster ride past few years. After eight long years of living as a monk, I changed ashram with the blessings of my Guru HH Radhanath Swami Maharaj in Jan'11. Got married to a wonderful devotee and a very compassionate soul, Parijata DD. Joined post graduation in Family Medicine and began my new life.
Things were difficult. At times impossible. Somehow by Lord's mercy I am still surviving . 
I hope to move forward and begin serving Krishna in some way. I read "Seed of  devotion", a devotional blog by my God-sister Bhakti Lata DD, and got inspired to begin writing after a gap of almost one and half year. My index finger is bandaged due to a small surgery for an infected nail. So typing is difficult. Yet I try.
 Here is a gem of an advice from HH Radhanath Swami Maharaj to maintain peace in relationships. This is an excerpt from a talk he gave before my marriage. Trust me it works.

 "Srila Prabhupada explained there is a simple formula to resolve the differences we have. The formula is two words – Forget it . That means all these things we disagree with and everything else and all of our different conditionings and desires - they are not important. The only thing that is important really is the higher principle of why we are together. 
The ego says, "I am right, you are wrong." As long as you think that way, you make no spiritual progress. And if you have children, you will ruin the mentality of the children when they feel that in your house. (You should think) Somehow for whatever reason, we are married and I have made vows and you have made vows to keep Krishna in the center. And we have to tolerate our differences. And we have to forgive each other for our transgressions. And we have to unite with honour, respect and affection on this higher principle of seva--service to Krishna, service to each other, and as a team of husband and wife, service to humanity and all living beings. "


HH Radhanath Swami Maharaj blessing us on our marriage 

No comments:

Post a Comment